Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My compaq presario cq62 will not turn on. When I press the power button the Internet icon (f12) blinks and the caps lock blinks on and off. I can hear the fan going on but nothing else happens.  I tried reseating the memory but it did not help. My screen remains blank all this.  Any help is really appreciated. 

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

It could be multiple things and I am not sure after reading your post.  I would suggest going to the following link and trying some of the listed troubleshooting steps.  It should hopefully help narrow down what is going on with it.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
HP Recommended

I got the exact same problem in october of this year 2012.please if you can help me with this, any help is appreciated

HP Recommended

Maziar76,

The same link above that 3baller listed, would be the place for you to begin as well.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I already tried that link on my computer, but it did not help, any other suggestions please, thanks

HP Recommended

I'm afraid those are your choices.  It gives hard reset instructions, then lists about every possible way your notebook is "not" booting up.  At the bottom of the document, there is a "See Also" section that has links to additional related things. 

Can you tell me what you tried and the results from the document? Perhaps that will provide me with more information to help you.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Hey guys I think that pc went lobar and now it won't charge.
I've tried doing a hard reset and taking the battery out but it still won't turn on
Help l,ease
HP Recommended
Btw it's lobar and help please
HP Recommended
I man lobat
HP Recommended

My compaq presario desktop wont work anymore, and I installed Windows 7 last night, and it was working fine. But now it has started beeping really loudly . This has happened before, and last time it took months before it stopped, WHAT DO I DO!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.