Re: Ordered Recovery DVDs not working - no apparent support option (285 Views)
Student
erratick
Message 1 of 2 (297 Views)

Ordered Recovery DVDs not working - no apparent support option

- I am a computer tech working on recovering an HP Envy 14 (14-1211NR) which had a crashed hard drive (now replaced) for a customer.

- I ordered recovery DVDs for the customers system which arrived with FedEx Next-Day.

- After running the recovery DVDs the system reboots with an error message:

BOOTMGR is missing

- Booting off of a bootable DVD to inspect the drive there appears to be only one fairly small partition created on the drive containing only a folder (\RM\Image) with files copied from the recovery DVD and a log file (SSRD.log) containing an error message:

SM, 13, Set reference file fail

- I have run the recovery process twice with the same results.

Taking a closer look at the recovery DVDs provided I noticed that only 2 of the identifiers on the 3 DVDs are sequential. The identifiers on the DVDs I received are as follows:

640076-001

640077-001

640105-001

The supplemental Disc identifier is:

641440-B21

I am not sure if it is normal for the DVD identifiers to be non sequential.

I have attempted to contact support for assistance with the failing recovery DVDs, but there does not appear to be any straight forward way to contact HP once the warranty on the laptop is expired. It seems to me there should be a way to contact HP regarding these apparently defective recovery DVDs in order to have them replaced.

At any rate I would appreciate any advise anyone has regarding this situation.

erratick

PhD Student
OrnahP
Message 2 of 2 (285 Views)

Re: Ordered Recovery DVDs not working - no apparent support option

I have forwarded your post to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly via Private Message on this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

:smileyhappy: Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
:smileyhappy: When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation