Question

Top Student
Echo-1492
Message 1 of 2 (132 Views)

Pavilion dv7-4157cl, what is in the Minimized Recovery?

I am reloading a HP Pavilion dv7-4157cl, which appears to be a great notebook, but due to a change in the size of the hard drive (640 GB -> 500 GB) there is not enough space for a full recovery.

Can anyone tell me what items will be missing when the the Minimized Recovery is completed?

I need to have this laptop ready to go tomorrow morning and it is VERY important it work as fully as possible.

Probably do not need or want the biometric fingerprint reader turned on OR the HP Protect software as this seemed to make a less invasive Recovery more difficult.  I first tried to clone the hard drive (which worked) but was getting a Security "0x8007ffff" error message at Windows login that really sucked!  With no further options available I went for the Minimized Recovery option and that is running now.

(maybe I better search for "0x8007ffff" here and see who else has encountered it.)

Thanks in advance!

~ Dennis C.

Owner, Echo Technology Consulting

(a service only business)

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 2 (115 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv7-4157cl, what is in the Minimized Recovery?

This page explains it

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02638587&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en#N121

Minimized Image Recovery does the following:

• Re-installs the original operating system.
  • Re-installs all original hardware drivers.
  • Re-installs HP essential software (i.e., HP Support Assistant, HP Recovery Manager, etc.).
  • Does not install trial applications or trial games.
If there are user-created partitions on the hard drive, the HP Recovery Manager prompts you for permission to remove them or leave them intact.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation