Question

Tutor
Aren31
Message 1 of 6 (1,863 Views)

Please help how to run HP recovery on my HP Probook 4520s "plugged in not charging"

Hi guys,

I have HP Probook 4520s, the problem is " plugged in, not charging" . I already tried a new battery but same problem exist.

I already tried this solution;

Disconnect AC.
Shutdown.
Remove battery.
Connect AC.
Startup.
Open Device Manager.
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings)..
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices..
Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK..
Shutdown.
Disconnect AC.
Insert battery.
Connect AC.
Startup

but the problem still exist.

Is anyone knows how to run HP recovery or how can I resolve this problem..

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 6 (1,846 Views)

Re: Please help how to run HP recovery on my HP Probook 4520s "plugged in not charging"

I am not familiar with the probook recovery process or if there is a recovery partition or not.

Back Up your Data (pictures, music etc) to another storage device Before you perform a HP Recovery, or you will lose your data permanently

Power down, hold F11 down and power up, continue to hold F11, see if HP Recovery loads, if it does choose to do a full recovery.

If F11 fails to work you will need to call HP and order a Recovery Disc set. 1-800-HPInvent

Tutor
Aren31
Message 3 of 6 (1,839 Views)

Re: Please help how to run HP recovery on my HP Probook 4520s "plugged in not charging"

Okay thanks Mumbodog,

Hoping that is not board a problem.

Thanks a lot.
Tutor
Aren31
Message 4 of 6 (1,838 Views)

But I'm thinking how does it fail.

I am very disappointed with this HP notebook.

It's almost 1 year but not very well used.

Very disappointed for this
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 5 of 6 (1,824 Views)

If it is less than a year old it should be covered under a HP warranty.

This is a user to user forum, Contact HP directly, they will guide you on what to do next to get it repaired under warranty

USA
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Everywhere else
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Tutor
Aren31
Message 6 of 6 (1,818 Views)

My notebook is none warranty because I bought it in KSA. I'm from Philippines. I am very far in the point of HP authorized service center.

Very disappointed.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation