Problems With "hard disk not exist" HP 2000 Notebook PC (4165 Views)
Honor Student
Drew3422
Message 1 of 9 (4,165 Views)

Problems With "hard disk not exist" HP 2000 Notebook PC

one day i was listening to itunes on my computer and it crashed, the screen went blue and wipped out my entire hard drive. Everytime i turn it on the screen goes black and the words "Boot Drive error" "Hard disk not Exist" pops up, i press F2 For "System Diagnostics" and everythings fine exept on the "hard Disk" test it says "error, hard disk not exist" and when i press F11 at the begging it says System recovery, but nothing happens. My computer was not sent with a recovery disk and i cannot access it, is there any way to fix this problem or create a recovery disk for my computer?

Thanks

-Drew

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 9 (4,138 Views)

Re: Problems With "hard disk not exist" HP 2000 Notebook PC

Sounds as if your hard drive has failed,not uncommon.If you are still within warranty HP will send a new hdd, if not It can be replaced with a retail SATA laptop hdd. Just take in in with you to the store and ask for suitable replacement.

If you did not burn your Recovery set you can order from HP for a small fee to reinstall Windows on the new hdd.>>Contact HP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Drew3422
Message 3 of 9 (4,129 Views)

ok, i dont know if its under warrenty i got it for a present from my family members out of state. Would it be ossible if a recovery disk from another computers hard drive (they sent one for my wife, same kind)  would be able to save my computer? or is there a way to tranfer data from that computer to mine to save it?

thanks

-Drew

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 9 (4,115 Views)

If your wife's laptop is same model you can use Recovery Manager on her machine to burn a Recovery DVD set which can be used to boot your laptop to reinstall back to factory specs.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
smiles48
Message 5 of 9 (3,598 Views)

Hi, I bought my HP2000 this past April, and all of a sudden it says 'no hard drive found'.  Went to the retail store where I bought it and their warranty obligation is 14 days only.  How do I claim a replacement through HP?

Thanks,

Smiles.

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 9 (3,554 Views)

@smiles48

Phone HP to request service.Choose your country here>> Contact HP

Honor Student
Pads
Message 7 of 9 (2,037 Views)

Please give a hand about this problem... This like the same of DREW 3422

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 9 (2,008 Views)

@Pads 

My first Reply above to Drew also applies to your problem.

Student
silima
Message 9 of 9 (896 Views)

same problem here, the hard drive works fine in the other identical notebook, but the laptop is unable to identify the harddrive

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation