beNxz
Message 1 of 8 (11,584 Views)

Product Information

[ Edited ]

HP Pavilion dv7

Product-id: 00359-OEM-8992687-00010

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Hello,

Lately my HP laptop goes pretty slow, while it's a gaming laptop it can't even run games on lowest quality.

A friend recommended to format my laptop using some kind of recovery partition but  I don't understand it so well.

He said I should look in the information booklet that should be delivered with my laptop, but when I bought it I didn't got that booklet. He said to look for the reinstalling procedure.

Well, I have totally no idea what I have to do now, can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 8 (11,570 Views)

Re: Product Information

First make your recovery discs, use high quality DVD+R discs.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c01867124

Next see this page for instructions on how to recover from the hard drive.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895783&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en#RestoreWithoutWindo...

Honor Student
beNxz
Message 3 of 8 (11,559 Views)

Hi,

I've succesfully made the recovery discs, which required 6 of them.

I've also followed the steps in the link you've posted and clicked on System Recovery.

So, as mentionned in the link, my pc restarted.

But the problem is that it says "bootmgr is missing, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to restart the pc".

I've put in the recovery disc 1/6 as it should be, but it keeps saying 'bootmgr is missing...'.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Honor Student
beNxz
Message 4 of 8 (11,557 Views)

Hi,

Problem solved, I had to press the f11 key when it started up.

I'll post another reply when it's all done, thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ben

Student
CurlewCougar
Message 5 of 8 (11,516 Views)

beNxz wrote:

HP Pavilion dv7

Product-id: 00359-OEM-8992687-00010

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Hello,

Lately my HP laptop goes pretty slow, while it's a gaming laptop it can't even run games on lowest quality.

A friend recommended to format my laptop using some kind of recovery partition but  I don't understand it so well.

He said I should look in the information booklet that should be delivered with my laptop, but when I bought it I didn't got that booklet. He said to look for the reinstalling procedure.

Well, I have totally no idea what I have to do now, can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Well that's interesting because I happen to have a desktop Pavilion model p6212f with product # 00359 OEM 8992687-00010 and a certificate on the computer that reads Windows 7 Home Premium OA . So can anyone tell me whether this is a valid copy of windows Or not?  I have only had trouble with this computer since the day I bought it at an Office Max store just forty five minutes away from Microsoft main office. But  in answer to your question I find it strange that both your laptop and my desktop both have the same product # for windows 7. I have noticed things with my computer that identify with a desktop and have tried to query HP about these things but they have stood fast in denying any wrongdoing. So I would think at least one of us has to be holding a lemon or else we both are.If you find out which please let me know too because I haven't found out after almost two years of wrangling with HP and Microsoft.

Student
4tnddor
Message 6 of 8 (10,834 Views)

Steps to change the product key

1)    Click the Start button

2)    Type: slui.exe 3 and hit the Enter key

3)    Type in the Product key from the sticker on your computer

4)    Click the Next button.

5)    You will be asked if want to Activate, click ok

6)    It will attempt to Activate by the internet and will return an Invalid Key error (this is ok, continue to step 7)

7)    Click the Start button

8)    Type: slui.exe 4 and hit the Enter key

9)    Select your location in the drop down menu and click the Next button

10) The next screen provides the number to call to Activate by Phone

Honor Student
R_Karl
Message 7 of 8 (10,816 Views)

Unfortunately i don't see an answer in your statement.. It sounds like you are just going to give it another product key. I was referring to the Product ID. as not being correct. or something being strange about it.. the same product I.D. being used for a desktop and for a laptop. I don't know about you but that strikes me as being very very strange. But then that might explain why my desktop has settings options to turn different applications or duties off to conserve the battery or batteries. I havent been able to figure that out since all desktops run on 110 or 220 AC power so why would a desktop be concerned about conserving battery power ?

Student
ddsn
Message 8 of 8 (9,479 Views)

Product Information

i have lost my Product  key  whats can i do ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation