Question

Honor Student
starz214
Message 1 of 45 (38,432 Views)

Recovery Disc & new ProBook 4530s

How do I create a recovery disc for a new ProBook 4530s with Windows 7?  I can't find Recovery Manager software on the pc and the pc didn't ask me if I wanted to create a recovery disc.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 45 (38,391 Views)

Re: Recovery Disc & new ProBook 4530s

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I don't think you can create a recovery disk on a 4530s.

It should have a recovery partition which you can use to restore the PC by striking the F11 key at the splash screen and launching the recovery process.  Of course a recovery partition is useless if the hard drive dies, or you want to install a new HDD.

You can order a quick restore disk set, which I always do for all my HP business PC's and notebooks for $10, if you live in the USA or Canada. If you don't live in the USA or Canada, skip to the bottom of my post for instructions to order.

Here's how:

1. Write down the part number and serial # on the bottom of the computer on the white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 4530s, but the part number will be found on that white tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (4530s).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. You will be charged $10.00.

You will receive the disks by First Class Mail or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.

If you don't live in the USA or Canada, contact HP Support by telephone for the country you live in at the link below.  If they have a separate number for business PC's/notebooks, call that number. You will need to provide the customer services rep the same info as above (model and serial #).

Costs range from free to more than $10 depending on where you live.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-support.html

Paul

Top Student
WeimsGuy
Message 3 of 45 (38,316 Views)

I have the same issue with the ProBook 6550b.  I bought 10 of these laptops at roughly $900 each and can not find the hp Recovery Manager.  I find it insulting to have to buy the Recovery Disc even if it is just $10 each.  If hp and other manufacturers do not ship the recovery disc with the equipment, they should at least give you the option to create them (and create recovery discs that work).  I have done this with other makes and models of laptops.

I did create the Windows Recovery Disc and guess I will just go with that.

Honor Student
azeemshahkazmi
Message 4 of 45 (38,164 Views)

Hi Paul,

I also have probook 4530s, it has a partition named hp_recovery, but I didn't find hp recovery manager software, even no f11 option on boot time.

Could you tell me how to start recovery manager on this model.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 45 (38,150 Views)

Hi:

If pressing the F11 key doesn't work at the HP splash screen, then I don't know.

Perhaps you can find that info in one of the reference guides found on the 4520s support page.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en...

Paul

Honor Student
starz214
Message 6 of 45 (38,087 Views)

After contacting HP, I found out the Recovery Management software (that allows for a recovery disc to be made) that was advertised to be pre-installed on the machine was in fact NOT installed.  Because the machine was still under the 90-day warranty, HP mailed recovery discs to me free of charge.  The machine has a partitioned recovery system that is supposed to work by pressing F11 but I had seen comments from other customers to indicate that did not always work, thus my concern and desire for recovery discs.  My issue is resolved, however, I am concerned about software that was advertised as being pre-installed when that was not the case.  This is not the first time that has happened to my household when purchasing a HP computer. 

Honor Student
azeemshahkazmi
Message 7 of 45 (38,055 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi Starz214,

Could you please email me just hp recovery manager software for this porduct, or the link from I may download this.

{Personal Information Removed}

Do you find f11 option at boot time? if so, it was already enabled or you have done some configuation stuff to show it....

Thanks & Regards.

Student
rehman
Message 8 of 45 (37,997 Views)

F11 Key is not working and i want to recover my computer to its previous stage so plz give some instruction how i can recover my computer.......or give me recovery files...............

best regard

Kh. Rehman.

Honor Student
azeemshahkazmi
Message 9 of 45 (37,987 Views)

Dear Kh. Rehman,

Please also do inform me if you find any helpful information regarding this issue, I am also unable to use f11 option..

Best Regards

Azeem Shah

Student
noufalpkmtl
Message 10 of 45 (36,562 Views)

hai

i have one hp proobokk 4530s laptop. ineed windows 7 recover cd.but   not getting recover manager option.how to make recover cd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation