Recovery error (1366 Views)
Honor Student
Fani1
Message 1 of 7 (1,366 Views)

Recovery error

Hello.

I have a problem. My laptop slows over time, so i decided to do system recovery. i booted to HP recovery manager, do some System recovery. But i can't back up my files (error code = FFFFFF03). so i boot to windows and back it up with windows backup & restore. Now i do system recovery without backing up. then i sleep (it's night that time). when i wake up, i noticed that the recovery manager is still at 0%. So i force shut down and reboot. But then it says "BOOTMGR is missing. press ctrl+alt+delete to reboot". And when i tried Minimized image recovery, it shows an error code (error code = 0xEFFFF08). now i can't restore, and boot to windows (but i know how to boot to DVDs).

Laptop : HP Pavilion DV6-6168tx

Problems :

• Can't boot to windows (BOOTMGR is missing. press ctrl+alt+delete to reboot)
  • Recovery has error (FFFFFF03 when backing up and 0xEFFFF08)

i do remember changes done to recovery partition, A video converter made a folder called "OutputFolder" in Recovery partition.

I have my old laptop (Compaq Presario CQ41) windows installation disc 32-bit.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 7 (1,352 Views)

Re: Recovery error

Use Diagnostics to test your hdd.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Fani1
Message 3 of 7 (1,335 Views)

Call me stupid or something else. But what should i do and what should i get? i did disk diagnostics. and then what else?

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 7 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]

So I assume the hdd passed Diagnostics? Should have mentioned to test the memory too,do that as well. If all passes try booting from your Recovery Disks to reinstall Windows. If you didn't burn a Recovery set phone HP to order one.Choose your country here>> Contact HP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
koky562
Message 5 of 7 (1,194 Views)

i dont under stand

Student
Sesame2189
Message 6 of 7 (1,056 Views)

Windows 7 stopped working so i backed up my files and  carried out a system recovery. Windows is now working.

I have saved the back up file onto the desktop. It contains the following files

FBData

DiscVerifierLib.dll

HPFileMgr.dll

Restore

i click on restore and a message comes up in the HP recovery manager a message comes up 'Recovery manager failed. Error code = FFFFFF03

Help

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 7 of 7 (1,027 Views)

Hello Sesame2189.  I understand you're trying to restore your files by using your previously created backup.

It seems that the HP Recovery Manager is experiencing issues.  A good first step will be to uninstall and reinstall the application.  After you uninstall the HP Recovery Manager please reinstall this version.

Let me know the result.  I hope you have an amazing weekend!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation