Question

Honor Student
Michi75
Message 1 of 5 (201 Views)

Recovery failed

I will like to start with how dissapointed I am with my HP Pavilion G4. First camera and audio stop functioning. Second computer would not go beyond the "starting windows logo" . I call HP to help me out with the problem and they told me to do a system recovery manager. After all that done now my PC do not work! The only message I get is "Recovery failed". This computer is 8 months old.

Teacher
SCTaylor
Message 2 of 5 (194 Views)

Re: Recovery failed

At this point you will have to call HP back and tell them that your recovery from partition failed. They should in return send you recovery disks free of charge.

I work for HP.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Honor Student
Michi75
Message 3 of 5 (192 Views)

I called and they said they will send me the recovery disk. I hope this fix the problem because it's really fustrating at this point. Thanks for your help and quick respond.

Honor Student
Michi75
Message 4 of 5 (186 Views)

I also want to mention why all of a sudden my integrated camera and mic stop functioning out of nowhere? This happened 4 months after I bought the notebook... 

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 5 of 5 (157 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Michi75. 

There are a multitude of reasons why the integrated camera could have quit working.  It could a software problem such as an internal Windows issue, corrupted system files, or driver issues.  The reason you were instructed to perform the recovery is because it can rule out software as a cause of the issue.  Other sorts of issues could include damage to the ZIF cable which connects the camera to the motherboard, a loose cable connection, or even a hardware failure.

If, after the recovery, the hardware still does not work you will likely need to have the notebook repaired.  If the notebook is only eight months old it is likely still in warranty (check here).  If the notebook is in warranty I would suggest giving HP Support a call again and inquiring about a repair.

I hope this is helpful.  Have a great weekend!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation