Question

Honor Student
TiminWi
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)
Accepted Solution

Replace HD Folio9470m

I replaced a HD. I have a windows iso. My machine (Folio9470m) has no optical drive. If I try to boot from USB I get "could not find kernel image" - the iso. is on the root of the usb.  If I try to boot from the SD slot I get "Media Test Failure:Check Cable" this must be incorrect as the bios does not give the SD option if the card is not seated (hence connectivity to the drive is good) and the card checks out good from another machine. Where to go from here?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: Replace HD Folio9470m

[ Edited ]

Did you place the iso file on the usb drive-or did you create an installation from it? From the wording it sounds as if you simply copied/moved the iso file to the usb?

You can use the Windows 7 USB/DVD installation tool to convert the ISO file you download. Link and instructions below. You need at least a 4 GB flash drive.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation