Question

Honor Student
Charbel82
Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)
Accepted Solution

Replacing the Hard disk on my pavillon dv6 - 3150ee but bios is not recognizing it.

Hi, 

I have an HP pavillon dv6-3150ee . my original hard disk was broken . I bought a western digital 500 GB 5400 Sata 2 . 

I installed the hard disk and made the recovery. Everything went fine and ok . When the recovering operation finished, the system restarted to continue the installations of the hard drives but ..... i had this message : no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key . 

so i went to bios and tested the memory and the hard drive and everything was ok. I tried to enter my bios advanced options but there ain't any. My bios version is F.12 . 

i don't know what the problem is and i will be thanksful for any help. 

N.B : i have my recovery disks as well as my windows reparation disk. 

Thank you.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Replacing the Hard disk on my pavillon dv6 - 3150ee but bios is not recognizing it.

Sometimes the new hdd requires prepping with Cyberlink Utility cd first. Download and Save the file. Once download is complete, put a blank cd in your drive and click the file to create a boot cd. Boot with this cd and wait until you get a green check mark indicating hdd is ready. Remove the cd , insert first Recovery Disk and restart the laptop.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL32372/pv-80183-1/sp44645.exe

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Charbel82
Message 3 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: Replacing the Hard disk on my pavillon dv6 - 3150ee but bios is not recognizing it.

I LOVE YOU. Thanks a lot sweety as your solution resolved my problem. Thanks for the great work and god bless you. Bye bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation