Reset Bios password from an 8560p (1099 Views)
Top Student
LubaGmbH
Message 1 of 4 (1,099 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reset Bios password from an 8560p

Hi,

We've used a HP 8560p for a while now privately and now wanted to used it as a company laptop.  Unfortunately, the LAN/WLAN switching is deactivated in Bios which makes working with a dock problematic.

When I want to go into Bios settings it asks me for a password.  I've tried all passwords I could think of and it rejects them all.  I've even got in my notes the bios password, but it won't accept it.  No matter if I write it in capitals or any other way.  Is this a warranty issue?

Can I somehow reset the Bios password?  I can use the laptop normally, just can't make changes in the Bios.

Thanks

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,096 Views)

Re: Reset Bios password from an 8560p

Read this thread. It is a discussion of the same issue you are having.

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
LubaGmbH
Message 3 of 4 (1,091 Views)

Those are older models where I'm supposed to use a jumper. This laptop is only a year old...I think I'll have to send it in. Still under warranty and it clearly screwed up as it won't accept my password.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,087 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sometimes that is the only way to solve an issue like this.

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation