Question

Top Student
LubaGmbH
Message 1 of 4 (1,380 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reset Bios password from an 8560p

Hi,

We've used a HP 8560p for a while now privately and now wanted to used it as a company laptop.  Unfortunately, the LAN/WLAN switching is deactivated in Bios which makes working with a dock problematic.

When I want to go into Bios settings it asks me for a password.  I've tried all passwords I could think of and it rejects them all.  I've even got in my notes the bios password, but it won't accept it.  No matter if I write it in capitals or any other way.  Is this a warranty issue?

Can I somehow reset the Bios password?  I can use the laptop normally, just can't make changes in the Bios.

Thanks

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,377 Views)

Re: Reset Bios password from an 8560p

Read this thread. It is a discussion of the same issue you are having.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
LubaGmbH
Message 3 of 4 (1,372 Views)

Those are older models where I'm supposed to use a jumper. This laptop is only a year old...I think I'll have to send it in. Still under warranty and it clearly screwed up as it won't accept my password.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,368 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sometimes that is the only way to solve an issue like this.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation