Question

Student
Lacy8987
Message 1 of 2 (1,110 Views)

Restore Compaq CQ58 to factor settings

I'm getting ready to sell my Compaq CQ58 and I'm wanting to know how I can remove everything from my computer and have it set back to factory settings so when someone buys it they can set it up for themselves and they don't have all of my pictures and info. My laptop didn't come with a disk but has windows 8 installed. Step by step instructions are appreciated.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (1,106 Views)

Re: Restore Compaq CQ58 to factor settings

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.

hp label.png

Provided your computer came from the factory with Windows 8 installed, please see "Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 8)" to create the HP Recovery Media and see "Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)" for instructions on starting the HP Recovery process. 

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation