Question

Honor Student
jesswearsfezes
Message 1 of 4 (3,410 Views)

Setting Windows 8 back to Factory Settings

Hello, I'm having a huge problem resetting my windows 8 laptop back to it's factory settings.  I go to "Remove everything and reinstall Windows", it prompts me regularly but at the end it just says "There was a problem resetting, No changes made".  Then of course Check for solutions. Which it doesn't do anything. Besides that, i have to "Troubleshoot compatibility" with almost all my application and most of the windows apps don't even work. I regret not backing my computer up in the beginning but i don't know what to do know. 

Associate Professor
mahemac
Message 2 of 4 (3,407 Views)

Re: Setting Windows 8 back to Factory Settings

HI,

You can follow the below steps to set the computer back to factory settings.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03489643&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

"I work for HP."

Please click the "White Kudos" star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.

Honor Student
jesswearsfezes
Message 3 of 4 (3,406 Views)

Yeah, I've looked at this page and tried everything and i get the same message, that no changes were made.
Associate Professor
mahemac
Message 4 of 4 (3,403 Views)

Have you created a set of recovery DVD's or recovery on the flash drive by which you can run the system recovery. Also if you have upgraded any parts remove them and then try to reinstall the operating system. If either of these works, then you can to get set of recovery disk from HP and which you can use to reinstall the OS.

"I work for HP."

Please click the "White Kudos" star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation