Question

Student
nicjohnson1
Message 1 of 3 (743 Views)

Smart Hard Disk has an imminent failure

My notebook is a Pavilion dv3. Unable to start up. Words appear on screen is " The Smart Hard Disk check has detected an imminent failure. To ensure not disk loss, please backup the content immediately and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics.For more information, please visit, www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Smart Check  : Failed

Failure ID : 6AKXSC-5M262L-XD6U3F-60FB03

Product ID : XR659PA#AB4

Hard Disk 1

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (740 Views)

Re: Smart Hard Disk has an imminent failure

Hi,

The failure ID will either be a Smart or Disk Self Test failure - both would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced.

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
prissNtx
Message 3 of 3 (706 Views)

Re: Smart Hard Disk has an imminent failure

ok..I am out of warranty but I am having the same problem...and when i try to system diagnostics during startup...it fails....and it says i have to previously stored restore point..how can i reset settings to factory settings 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation