Question

Honor Student
JWHPBlue
Message 1 of 2 (1,931 Views)

System Recovery Factory Reset

Hello All: 

Newbie Here.  I wanted a fresh factory install so I ran Microsoft System Restore (from the laptop/ no disk).

First, it would  go through but cut off at the end during the reinstallation of software.  It would  "Please wait while your Windows files and setting are beding restored".  I thought I was home free.  But  then the screen would just go blank.  After restarting the process, I started to get a blue screen.  (0x00000000001901AA, 0xFFFFFFA60140579F8, 0xFFFFFA6014057300)

Ran CHKDSK /F off a Bootdisk.  I don't get Blue screen anymore.

Now I get the Windows Error Recovery  page with none of the options bringing me to Windows.  Help :smileysad:  Distressed.

The full Model No. pavillion dv41225dx

Product No. nb200ua#aba

Product name HP Pavillion dv4

Primary Hard Disk Self Test quick (100%)...Passed

Full Test passed 100%

Memory Test in Bios: Passed

Hard Disk Smart Passed

Other comments:

Can't run in safe mode. It starts to set up then tells me to restart the system to install windows. Which I do. And it brings me back to Error Recovery no matter which option I pick.

I get recycled to the menu that ask me to put in installation dics. My version did not come with installation disc.

From a boot disk I ran CHKDSK with 1 error.  No OS system found on Drive C or D.

DID I ERASE MY FACTORY STORED WINDOWS VISTA HOME when I formatted Disk for Fresh install? or is it just somewhere hiding on DIsk? 

Signed,

Distressed in New Orleans

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (1,925 Views)

Re: System Recovery Factory Reset

Hi,

Your machine should have a recovery partition if you are using the original hard drive and haven't erased the recovery partition. Make sure backing up all of your files before restoring the PC/laptop to factory state.

To set your PC/laptop to factory state, restart the PC/laptop. At the HP welcome screen tap the F11 key to launch the recovery process. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.

If still can not recover the machine, you can order a set of CD/DVD's from here (scroll down):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00810334

Good luck,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation