Question

Tutor
bmin91
Message 1 of 4 (11,740 Views)

System Recovery does not work error code: 0xe0ef0003

system recovery doesnt work messege: Recovery Manager could not restore your computer using the factory image. Please contact HP support. error code: 0xe0ef0003. 

THis is my friend's sister's computer, which I am helping to fix. How can I fix this?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 4 (11,724 Views)

Re: System Recovery does not work error code: 0xe0ef0003

[ Edited ]

Several reasons can cause this

Hard drive is failing, test it, report back any error codes if they appear.

Test the hard drive then the memory modules.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/How-to-test-RAM-and-HDD-Hard-Drive/td-p/...

If you are recovering using the hard drive and Not DVD's

The recovery Image on the hard drive is corrupt, you will need to use HP recovery DVDs to restore the notebook

You can order recovery media here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Student
sumilton
Message 3 of 4 (7,368 Views)

Hi,

I upgrade my ram to 4 gb instead of 2. does it make this problem

Honor Student
Laudes
Message 4 of 4 (3,244 Views)

Mumbodog: I am getting the same error msg. I tried the system recover on the hard drive and that failed with the same error code: 0xe0ef003 and was also getting the Bootmgr is missing. I went ahead and purchased the cd revovery discs ( 4 plus the supplimental reovery disc) and ran all of them and got down to disc 4 and then that same error came up. When I tried to reboot, it comes up to a blank screen with the flashing cursor in the top left corner. I hit ctrl/alt/del and the HP Blue screen comes up, when I hit the F11 now it just goes to a blank screen again with the cursor in the top left corner. Any other suggestions that could be done?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation