System recovery FAILED now BOOTMGR is missing (1248 Views)
Top Student
Tzippy
Message 1 of 2 (1,248 Views)
Accepted Solution

System recovery FAILED now BOOTMGR is missing

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV6-2155dx with win 7 home premium
I started to have problems with my system and had to recover it, but system recovery failed again and again with error Error 0xC0000225. Finally I found in one of the forums that the system recovery partition didn't start because somehow, probably after I made new partition, My discs were converted from basic to dynamic. I had to purchase online a software for 30$ to get back to basic discs and finally, recovery partition was recoginzed. I chose system recovery option to go back to factory condition, but after the process started, if failed after only 1% of the process, telling me that the computer cannot be recovered for the image is missing or something like that, I can't remember the exact message. I said "ok" and the computer restarted, now I get "BOOTMGR is missing" msg. Using the recovery disc I tried to chkdsk but then I realized all the disc is already GONE.

Now, what can I do to access the recovery partition???

I also try do download a windows 7 iso which i found a link to here in the forum (to fix "bootmgr is missing" error) (http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-link... but the problem is the activition key on the sticker below my computer is not clear anymore and was half-earased.

My serial no is [Personal Information Removed]
My product is WA781UA#ABA

The parts of the activation key I CAN see are [Personal Information Removed]

can you please tell me what was my original activation key, or instead - how can I fix my laptop???? I been around this for WEEKS!!!! Losing hundreds of working hours!!!

Top Student
Tzippy
Message 2 of 2 (1,164 Views)

Re: System recovery FAILED now BOOTMGR is missing

Solved - I called Microsoft and sent them a picture of the sticker + details of the computer, and they sent me a new activation key.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation