System recovery not working, bootmgr missing, no CD (298 Views)
Honor Student
djoeke
Message 1 of 6 (298 Views)

System recovery not working, bootmgr missing, no CD

Hello everybody! I hope someone can help me with this, I have been looking all over the internet the entire day. The problem is that i need to do the system recovery, but if I click on it, it will start up again en it says BOOTMGR IS MISSING. This is the same if I press F11. When I search for a solution for bootmgr missing, I need the CD, which I do not have.

I am outside the country for half a year, so I cannot go to a store or something. Please help me!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 6 (284 Views)

Re: System recovery not working, bootmgr missing, no CD

[ Edited ]

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include your serial number.

hp label.png

When you first setup your computer, you should have created your personal HP Recovery Media. If you didn't create the HP Recovery Media, you will most likely have to contact HP to order Recovery Discs. Please contact HP in your country / region via the HP Worldwide Support Portal.

Depending on the operating system currently installed on your computer, you may be able to download an Windows installation disc image and burn a boot disc. This disc is normally used to install Windows on your computer, however it can also be used to repair the current installation.

If your computer is running Windows 7, please see "How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc" to download the Windows ISO and create the installation media. Please follow the instructions below to attempt to repair your computer;

To start Windows 7 repair options from an installation disc or USB flash drive;

1. Turn on your computer, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then turn off your computer.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Press any key when prompted to do so, and then follow any instructions that appear.

4. When the Install Windows page appears, click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.

5. Select the repair or recovery option you want and follow the instructions.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
djoeke
Message 3 of 6 (281 Views)

Thank you for your reply, I did put the ABR on an usb stick. After that I do not know what to do, it says reintall Windows, but how? Thank you in advance. I have windows 7 and I have a HP G62 Notebook PC.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 6 (272 Views)

HP G62 Notebook is not the complete model name or product number. Again, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include your serial number.

hp label.png

In your case, there is no need to use ABR. ABR is strictly for recovering the factory OEM SLP key and certificate for later use (like... when doing a clean install of Windows and wanting to keep the factory pre-activation).

All you need to do is... download the Windows ISO and create the installation media. This download can be found "HERE." Also download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool from the same webpage. This utility lets you copy your Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive. Once you have a Windows discs or USB flash drive in hand, you can use the follow instructions below to attempt to repair your computer boot issue;

To start Windows 7 repair options from an installation disc or USB flash drive;

1. Turn on your computer, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then turn off your computer.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Press any key when prompted to do so, and then follow any instructions that appear.

4. When the Install Windows page appears, click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.

5. Select the repair or recovery option you want and follow the instructions.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
djoeke
Message 5 of 6 (258 Views)

Tanks for your reply. I did download the windows 7 version, but if I want to download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool. I do not get the tool, I get the microsoft store. How should i get the right link? Thank you in advance!

Honor Student
djoeke
Message 6 of 6 (228 Views)

Hi please help me! I installed another download tool, but that I couldnt use because the installation program is not a map but is X17-something. Then I just dragged it to my USB stick. I restarted my computer and pressed a button, but notting happend. Pleaseeeee help me. I am a girl trying to work with a computer, but it is still hard...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation