Question

Honor Student
josejk
Message 1 of 15 (38,365 Views)

To reinstall windows 7 home 64 bit in my notebook hp G62

Hi All,

I didn't get any windows CD while I purchased the laptop. I have made a set of recovery disk earlier. How can I reinstall windows 7 in my laptop.

Thanx in advance for your help

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 15 (38,363 Views)

Re: To reinstall windows 7 home 64 bit in my notebook hp G62

Hi,

Just insert the first Recovery Disc in the DVD drive and then restart the notebook to boot from the disc and start the Recovery process.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 3 of 15 (38,356 Views)

You can find step by step instructions at below link regarding procedure of reinstalling Windows 7 using recovery disks.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895783&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#RestoreWithDiscs

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
josejk
Message 4 of 15 (38,342 Views)

Hi,

I followed the instructions. After reaching 14%, it was taking too long. It was showing 989 minutes remaining to complete recovery. Thenafter it showed an error message 'Recovery manager could not restore your computer. Error code 0xeoef0003'. How I can solve this issue?

With Thanks

Jose

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 5 of 15 (38,334 Views)

If your recovery partition is intact on the Notebook, you can try reinstalling OS from hard drive itself using F11 key. This info can be found in same link provided above.

If it still doesnt work, you can order a set of recovery disk for a nominal charge either from HP website or by Calling HP Technical Support.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Student
Kajal786
Message 6 of 15 (36,364 Views)

hi there!

i didn't get any type of CD while buying my HP LAPTOP G62 and a message is shown that my windows is not genuin so please help me to reinstall my windows,i would be very thank full to you.

Tutor
siepo
Message 7 of 15 (36,331 Views)

You can download official dvd images from http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links Pick the same edition as you already had (home premium, professional etc.) Burn to dvd, install and activate with your original product key.

Student
sairam5191
Message 8 of 15 (32,788 Views)

i lost my recovry drive ..in my computer(HP G62 361-TX) ..when other night was going to make a seperate partion using partion magic.
when i installed the partion magic . i lost my recovery drive in my computer.. i tried to restore my laptop using system restore point
in control panel. but it did not successed. i tried to restoe my laptop using hp recovery manager by F11 at the start up time .
when i pressed F11 hp recovery manager was opened and there is only one option system restore .the other options were not highlitened such as
SYSTEM RECOVERY and MINIMISED IMAGE RECOVERY . i changed BIOS and started my laptop again now all three options came ... and i started the process
it took the 4 recovery backup disks.. and restored laptop ..after completion of the process
when i again opened my computer i could not find RECOVERY drive adjcent to local drive c.
and restarted my laptop F11 in CHECK DISK-> check for disk partion option was not avaliable in the recovery manager .
any other suggestions how can i get my recovery drive .
and note that i have presently restored my laptop by rescue disk.(the other two options in recovery manager such as SYSTEM RECOVERY and MINIMISED IMAGE RECOVERY
cannot be selected without changing BIOS and inserting RESCUE DISK.) If i insert rescue **bleep** then iam getting other options.in recovery manager

Student
ammarahmad
Message 9 of 15 (29,832 Views)

josejk wrote:

Hi All,

I didn't get any windows CD while I purchased the laptop. I have made a set of recovery disk earlier. How can I reinstall windows 7 in my laptop.

Thanx in advance for your help

Professor
npw05001
Message 10 of 15 (29,652 Views)

Hi ammarahmad,

I see you copied and pasted the original post, if you are having the same issue here is a link that walks you through running a recovery from discs.

Let me know if this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation