Question

Student
accidentalchick
Message 1 of 3 (8,602 Views)

What does it mean if "DST SHORT TEST: FAILED" ?

Hi, 

I have a HP Mini 210-2145DX and the past couple weeks I have been experiencing some freezing in my notebook, whenever i log in the connection icon on the bottom right corner it just froze and i can't do anything. Right now i have been using Safe Mode which is working now. But then I tried the system diagnostics to see what was wrong and o ran it through a test and then the message said : " DST SHORT TEST: FAILED!"  It is a windows 7 32-bit operating system. Please respond! 

Thanks.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (8,599 Views)

Re: What does it mean if "DST SHORT TEST: FAILED" ?

Hi,

Failure of the short DST would indicate a failing Hard Drive - is your HP Mini still under warranty?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Master's Graduate
viki9324
Message 3 of 3 (8,598 Views)

Re: What does it mean if "DST SHORT TEST: FAILED" ?

it Seems to b a Hardware failure >you can try to run the test on HDD By pressing F2 on the keyboard as soon as you turn on the com thn run the test on HDD by going in System information if you get the same error msg that means you hav to replace your hDD and hav to install the OS back to the system so if are in the warranty you can contact HP support in order to replace the HDD for free of cost.. \

good Luck

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation