Question

Student
NayoreK
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

What to do to get my Windows 7 and all the software that came with my HP Pavilion Back!? Recovery?

Hi all...

So my friend installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop accidently and now my Windows 7 is gone. I have had this HP Pavilion g7 for a long time and loved everything about because it had A8-Vision (AMD), Windows 7, Dolby Advanced Audio and so on. But now it's just Ubuntu 14.04 which can't run WIndows Software (Windows Documents, Plugins, Microsoft, Microsft Word Documents, Games, Downloading things from Internet, Installing Photoshop and so much more) and it won't transfer file to and from both flashdrive and android phone (It won't read them). So it took over my computer instead of what my friend had said it would do;(Duel Booting with WIndows 7), so I tried installing Windows 7 with a Disk but everything has changed expecially with the Boot Options by pressing the F12 key, it won't read my CD nor my Win7 Flash Drive. Someone on the Ubuntu Forum told me some steps and I tried but failed, I tried pressing ESC to get the BIOS boot menu but nothing showed up. I tried looking on Youtube and found a How-To video about how to install windows back from/over Ubuntu,I followed but it didn't work! 

So now...I'm stuck and I need help before August to get back Windows 7 and possibly HP software. I will be getting HP SmartFriend Complete Plan if I can't resolve ths problem after a few more tries because at this point, I don't care if I lose Pictures, VIdeos or Documents. I just need it back to a factory setting like I first got it. PLUS i can't get use to it and need it for College so Please Help!!!

kernel-boot-menu.jpg

recovery-pswd-01.png

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: What to do to get my Windows 7 and all the software that came with my HP Pavilion Back!? Recover

Don't know if ubuntu had repartition everything but you could try pressing F11 repeatley after power on button is pressed.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Click the White thumb if you like the answer.**
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation