Honor Student
JoshZ
Message 1 of 4 (323 Views)

Windows Boot failure

[ Edited ]

1) HP Pavilion g6-1b67 cl Notebook PC

2) Windows 7

3) "An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data"

4) Stored all information on a USB Flashdrive before wiping computer.

5) Laptop experienced repeated crashes: Went to blue screen and restarted or the computer would simply stop responding and then restart itself. In the most recent instance of this, I was taken to an HP restart screen or something along those lines. I was given about 6 options for what to do. 3 were under immediate help. The first said something along the lines of "load from a previous date" and that had worked when this happened opnce before so I gave that a try again, but it said there were no previous dates to load from. So I backed up my files on a flashdrive and chose the third option which was to restore the computer to factory settings, thinking this would load everything how it was when I first got it. I was dismayed when I turned the PC back on after the process completed and saw the windows boot manager come up. It looks like this:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings and then click next.

3. click "repair your computer"

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

info: an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

then it says i can press enter to continue or esc to exit, both of which take me back to this screen after the hp logo flashes and the option comes up for the startup menu.

Please help me out, i cant afford to lose another laptop, im a college student so this is vital to me right now.

Thank you,

Josh

Honor Student
JoshZ
Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

Re: Windows Boot failure

[ Edited ]

Oh, and I thought it was weird that the computer doesn't seem to respond at all to the flashdrive being in, when it is in the port. I had assumed that all the information stored on there would help with the reboot.

Teacher
fatkidinside
Message 3 of 4 (314 Views)

please run sytem daignostics in start up menu to check if there are any Hardware problem.

it seems that you need to run system recovery to bring it back to its default settings

▬JM▬
Honor Student
JoshZ
Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)

I have performed all the tests on the startup screen and they all passed, but I still can't determine what the problem is. Is it simply something I'm not doing?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation