Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I also updated the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my ZBook14 G1.
For sleep mode and hibernation mode blue screen appears even with the new Catalyst drivers from the 5th of August
😞

HP Recommended

I can confirm having similar issues.

Update from 8.1 to 10 and installed both new (Aug 5th) graphic card drivers from AMD and INTEL, but still have issues with the sleep mode.

During BSOD it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. 

This causes further issues after rebooting the device, for example the windows start menu gets all scrambled.  My mailbird application also loses its settings in those cases. I am sure it has something to do with Windows 10, but I don’t know if HP can do anything about these latter issues.

I would like to see a fix, because at the moment my device is unusable.

HP Recommended

same story here regarding sleep. Also battery is approx. 30% less durable.

HP Recommended

I was encountering the same problems after upgrading to Windows 10. I performed a clean install of Windows 10 and installed the Win10 drivers given by HP (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5428311), but my zbook 14 was still having problems waking from sleep (blue screen followed by a reboot, or blackscreen and reboot). Also, my battery time was noticeably reduced. 

Tried a lot, but nothing worked (re-installed AMD and intel graphic drivers etc.). In the end I installed the "System Default Settings for Windows 8.1" over here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5428311&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4158

This will bring back the hp optimized energy scheme, and as it seems for now, it fixed my battery life time. My sleeping problem is almost gone as well. When I put my laptop 20x in sleepmode, and by waking it again it only gave one bluescreen.The problem is not gone but reduced significantly. If I disable "deep sleep" in the bios, I cannot reproduce any sleeping problems.

HP Recommended

Hi Seb1990,

Thanks for the idea of the system default settings for Windows 8.1.

Will give this a try later today and hopefully will solve my problems.

Edit: It seems to have worked. I had to deinstall the previous default system settings, but now I can go back into sleep mode safely.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

i have tried with 8.1 intel driver solution and sleep now works also battery life has improved only thing that still doesn't work is connection to external display through 2013 ultraslim docking station with display port. It works only if you boot it with lid closed, however you cannot change back to laptop screen. With VGA is ok.....

HP Recommended

Hi BorutZ,

How did you install the win 8.1 intel drivers? When I try to install, I get the message of unsupported operating system

HP Recommended
By hand.
-first uninstall intel video druvers from device manager and from programs and features
-then run mentioned intel package...it will unpack to c:\swsetup\.... After that you can exit installing because you will get message of unsupported OS anyway
-go to device manager and update that driver manually by browsing to that c:\swsetup\.... folder.
-then run that utility and choose to hide intel HD driver for update.

HP you should be ashamed. You pay a lot of money and then no working win10
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I was not able to install the driver by hand.  When I tried to search for the win8.1 driver in the C:\SwSetup\... folder, it returned that the best available drivers (microsoft basic adapter) were already installed... 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.