Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i forget the administrator password or power on password for my hp paviliopn g6 with windows7 for my hp pavilion g6.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome Rutura.

After three failed passwords you should receive a halt code.

Post that code.

REO

View solution in original post

612 REPLIES 612
HP Recommended

Welcome Rutura.

After three failed passwords you should receive a halt code.

Post that code.

REO

HP Recommended

OS Windows 8

My power up password works, however the administrator password is no longer recognized so as a result I cant get to startup.

Any suggestions for a solution?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

halt code : 60929705

HP Recommended

Welcome Ruturaj. Try.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended
Hatsss off man.... it worked.... ty....
HP Recommended

I have an hp pavilion dv7-1199el and need to enter my bios. However, when I try to do it, I'm asked for an administrator password, which I have no idea of.

after three unsuccessfull attempts, I receive this code: 84677536.

Could you help me in finding the correct password to access bios?

Thanks a lot in advance

Aressho78

P.S: Sorry REO, I'm new in this blog and I don't know some rules...

HP Recommended

@aressho78,

Please be aware that this is not supported by HP and you try it at your own risk.

Try entering:              31755518     

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot... it works perfectly...

Kind Regards

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.