Question
amd radeon hybrid blocked
Replies (36)

Intern
electro_orb
Message 21 of 37 (3,170 Views)

Re: amd radeon hybrid blocked

Hi everyone, I am running a HP Probook 4540s and Radeon 7650M graphics card. When I updated to windows 8.1, my graphics card got blocked and I couldnt play any games. I updated it via device manager but it did not work either.

So finally i downloaded a beta driver, which now allows me to play games: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav1.exe

Try downloading this driver and see if it solves your problem.

However, I do have some problems seeing certain elements in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. But I have no issues with other games like league of legends. I am not sure if it just me.

The bigger outstaning problem that I still have is that my computer does wake up from Sleep mode. It goes into sleep mode fine, but when i try to wake it up, it restarts itself.  Could someone test their sleep mode function and let me now if its fine before and after downloading the beta driver?

Thanks!

Student
Lverdiell
Message 22 of 37 (2,936 Views)

Hi there!

I am running an HP Envy6 ultrabook 1101es with Intel HD Graphics 4000 & AMD Radeon 7670M (switchable graphics)

And I am obviously having the same problem after intalling 8.1

Installing AMD beta drivers is not a proper solution since it install drivers not compatible with switchable graphics technology and therefore activates the 7670M all the time causing high temperatures because of the high usage of the GPU.

We will need either new drivers compatible with switchable graphics or another viable solution please....

Intern
electro_orb
Message 23 of 37 (2,883 Views)

Hi Lverdiell

I advise you to keep checking this website to see if they update your drivers:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-113568-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

I believe they will do so soon, as drivers for my hp probook 4540s are being slowly updated since yesterday.

Honor Student
AhsanPak
Message 24 of 37 (2,791 Views)

AMD radeon Hybrid is not working on Windows 8.1!!

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

(HP Envy M6 1210Tx)
Top Student
kong_lagi
Message 25 of 37 (2,681 Views)

Hi,

Got the same problem with my HP ENVY Ultrabook 4PC 1112 TX and just updated-Windows 8.1. Headache!

Anybody found a complete solution? I'm also playing Dota 2 and really really want to keep playing this game..

I'm running on Intel HD Graphics 4000 & AMD Radeon Hybrid...

Any help?

Thx

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 26 of 37 (2,616 Views)

Hi kong_lagi,

With updating to 8.1 and getting the “AMD Radeon Hybrid Locked” error, one step that is best to try first would be downloading the drivers from HP. I have included the driver for 'Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver', please update this driver first. Then update the 'AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver'.

Please let me know if this helps, and if you are able to play Dota 2. Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
kong_lagi
Message 27 of 37 (2,024 Views)

Dear Lil_Lisa27,

Thanks for your kind response.

I tried your advice to update both drivers (Intel and AMD HD Graphics Driver), and found out that from my Device Manager, under display adapters has show me no more error (Intel Graphics 4000 and Radeon HD 7670M). However, when I tried to use Radeon to play Dota 2, it shows "Cannot / failed to create D3D"

I cannot play my Dota2 game, this is very annoying..

Can you / anyone please help me on this?

Thx

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 28 of 37 (1,958 Views)

Hi kong_lage,

I am glad that the updates did work to resolve the one error message. For the error "Cannot/ failed to create D3D", I have included the following document 'Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs'. This document will walk you through making sure that your power setting are correct, as well as profile settings.

It looks as though the game you are playing uses DirectX9, and Windows is no longer supporting updates. I have included 'Changes in DX9 legacy hardware support'.

Please let me know if this resolves your second error, thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
kong_lagi
Message 29 of 37 (1,808 Views)

Hi Lil_Lisa27, 

Good day.

I have gone through the links that you provided and confirmed that I have Dynamic mode switchable graphics. The problem still occurs when I tried to play Dota 2 with "High Performance" graphics.

The error message "Cannot / failed to create D3D" when I try to play Dota 2 only occurs after I upgrade my OS to Windonws 8.1. I never had such problem when I was using Windows 8. Can I have your kind advice on this?

For the record, I have also checked my DirectX version using 'dxdiag' function and found out that my notebook has Dx11.

Looking forward to have your further assistance..

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 30 of 37 (1,773 Views)

Hi kong_lagi,

Until the actual drivers are available on the HP website, your game may not be able to function properly on Windows 8.1. One available option would be to do an HP Recovery back to Windows 8, and wait for the drivers to become available.

Thank you

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation