Question

Honor Student
JennyOD
Message 1 of 4 (2,472 Views)

bios application error (501)

I am an hp employee and cannot log into my system to recover files. It states that the hp bios application is corrupt or missing. It says please install the application and try again. Where can I get this? Thanks
Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 4 (2,463 Views)

Re: bios application error (501)

Hi

As i see you can try this option once unit is powered on keep tapping the F10 key unit will load to Bios screen set the Bios to default setting and have it checked in case unit does not load to windows you might have to call HP Techincal support and check your warranty and get the MotherBoard replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
JennyOD
Message 3 of 4 (2,461 Views)

I hit the f10 button and a bios page came up. There was no option to set to default standards.. The only option was to hit enter. I did, the system started to think and I got the blue screen again that says unmountable_boot_volume
Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 4 (2,456 Views)

Hi

Please run the Hard drive & memory test and check if any test fails you need to replace the part. Incase both the test passes then you can run a System Restore from F11 option if this does not work then you can do a recovery before this kindly back up you data as it will be lost.

Testing a Hard Disk using the Built in Self Test

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation