HI

have problem updating bios. laptop is :

compaq presario cq57

product number qh753ea#abu

board id 3672

processor intel b950 2.1ghz

memory 4gb

bios version f37

bios update started running while i was using laptop. after that it was never installed properly. it does update from 2 parts, writing bios, then veryfing bios. then get bios recovery fault (500). i have option to continue and boot into windows ok.  as long as i use it it works fine, if goes to sleep or i turn it off, when turned on again it starts bios update. and all goes in circles. i need to have charger plugged in and some disk inside to get bios update running again, otherwise only black screen with caps lock flashing and f12 on. tried few times f2 and roll back bios, it does it sucessfully however again when turned on does bios update.  in desperation deleted all hp programs i could find, not any good, stil the same.  tried manuall and via hp site download of new f38 version, again install not good.

any ideas please?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: bios update failed

Hello VULETICA,

Please take a look at this document, which provides steps to restore your BIOS.  Let me know if the troubleshooting steps will help resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
VULETICA
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: bios update failed

hi

thank you

i read this document and everything that says in it i have previously done. i can access windows but bios update start when laptop is turned on again. in this document says about hp_tools volume, which i have but doesnt say how to use if available.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation