Question

Honor Student
adirondacksleep
Message 1 of 6 (247 Views)

failure id 97krww-54l67m-xd003g-60sj03

It appeared that I had a virus as I had a message for system recovery which then prompted me to buy some software to fix the problem.  I installed malware bytes which identified a couple of problems and fixed them.  I then bought Norton 360, installed it.  It prompted me to restart the computer and since then it would not start up.  I did some start up diagnostics and received the following failure ID number  97KRWW-54L67M-XD003G-60SJ03.  I am clueless as to how to fix this.  I would rather not spend a ton of money to have someone else fix it.  Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 6 (240 Views)

Re: failure id 97krww-54l67m-xd003g-60sj03

Take a look at these:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=failure+ID+number++97KRWW-54L67M-XD003G...

They seem to be leaning toward a hard drive failure.  I would remove the hard drive and attach it to a desktop machine and see if you can run a check disk on it.  See if you can get some of you data off. Download the manufacturer's hard drive test and run it against the drive to see if it is good.  Use the desktop's anti-virus program to scan the hard drive.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Honor Student
adirondacksleep
Message 3 of 6 (229 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I am quite computer illiterate.  How do I attach it to a desktop?  I do have a desktop however that one is not in very good shape either.  I really do not have much data on the computer.  Is there a way to just do a recovery on it?  Do I have to replace the hard drive?  I need very detailed instructions as I am very unsure of what I am doing.

thanks

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 4 of 6 (212 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did you make recovery disks when you first got the machine?  Is the machine under warrantee?  Please tell us the exact model number of your machine and part number if you can find it and the operating sytem 32bit or 64bit?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Honor Student
adirondacksleep
Message 5 of 6 (180 Views)

The product ID is WQ668UA#ABA, serial #CNF021BBXB.  I do not have the recovery discs.  I have tried doing a system restore using the F11 key and all I get is a black screen.

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 6 of 6 (172 Views)

Here is your manual.  Please note page 4 - 8:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02641840.pdf

You should get someone that is comfortable with attaching a hard drive to an open desktop machine to help you but the connector for an SATA hard drive is the same for the notebook size and the desktop size hard drive.  You may need to locate a second SATA cable for the desktop machine but they are inexpensive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation