Question

Student
ThomD
Message 1 of 3 (2,541 Views)

how do i get my hp laptop to boot without the recovery disc?

I have an HP 2000 laptop that dumped it's files when I tried to restart.  I put in Norton 360 2012 version and it was cleaning up virus' when I told it to restart.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (2,493 Views)

Re: how do i get my hp laptop to boot without the recovery disc?

Have you tried tapping F11 for Recovery immediately after powering on? Not sure on this model if you can just tap F11 or if you have to hit the ESC key to see F options.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
garyhbrown
Message 3 of 3 (2,431 Views)

Re: how do i get my hp laptop to boot without the recovery disc?

It has been defaulting to System Recovery ever since the booting problem begin, but all I get is a pretty blue and white screen that seems to go nowhere. I have gotten some recovery disc since my first post, but the pc is not responding to them. It just goes back to System Recovery. I've tried f10 to get to my bios so that I can change the order of booting, but it wants a password which I don't have and don't recall ever setting up. Any dither suggestions well be appreciated.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation