how to restore hp 2000 notebook to original configuration (424 Views)
Honor Student
fishfrank
Message 1 of 3 (424 Views)

how to restore hp 2000 notebook to original configuration

I want to sell my HP 2000 notebook and I think there is a way to restore it to the original configuration and remove all of my sensitive information from the hard drive.  Please tell me how to do this.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (420 Views)

Re: how to restore hp 2000 notebook to original configuration

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Use your recovery disk set to perform a recovery. That will wipe the partitions of all the current information and recover the notebook to its original configuration.

If the information is considered by you to be ultra sensitive, then replace the hard disk with a new one and perform with the recovery disk set.

Post the complete product number or product name with all alphanumeric characters. Remove the battery and take  look in the enclosure to find the service tag. The #2  p/n in the image is an example of the product number.

service tag1.png

-erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
fishfrank
Message 3 of 3 (412 Views)

Re: how to restore hp 2000 notebook to original configuration

Thanks - I'll give it a try.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation