Question

Honor Student
klein18
Message 1 of 4 (269 Views)

hp 2000 notebook recovery

hello i recently installed xubuntu as a partition on my laptop well it deleted all of my windows 8 partition and when i try to hit f11 on boot up for my recovery it just says that there is no os installed i think it deleted the recovery and now i cant recovery my system thanks for the help

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

Re: hp 2000 notebook recovery

If you did not make a recovery disk set or usb recovery media, you will have to purchase a set from HP or an HP Partner.

It is much cheaper than purchasing an installation DVD at @ 25.00 USD.

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
klein18
Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

i have done the revocery before on this laptop without any disk's its just now after i installed linux i cannot

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (227 Views)

That is because when you installed Linux,  the Recovery partition  is likely to have been deleted. That removes the F11 (Recovery) feature. 

Regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation