Question

Honor Student
klein18
Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

hp 2000 notebook recovery

hello i recently installed xubuntu as a partition on my laptop well it deleted all of my windows 8 partition and when i try to hit f11 on boot up for my recovery it just says that there is no os installed i think it deleted the recovery and now i cant recovery my system thanks for the help

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (296 Views)

Re: hp 2000 notebook recovery

If you did not make a recovery disk set or usb recovery media, you will have to purchase a set from HP or an HP Partner.

It is much cheaper than purchasing an installation DVD at @ 25.00 USD.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
klein18
Message 3 of 4 (289 Views)

i have done the revocery before on this laptop without any disk's its just now after i installed linux i cannot

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (269 Views)

That is because when you installed Linux,  the Recovery partition  is likely to have been deleted. That removes the F11 (Recovery) feature. 

Regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation