Question

Student
rerowe57
Message 1 of 3 (2,889 Views)

hp 2000 notebook won't boot

Have tried all the diagnostic tests on board. Everything checks OK.

When you turn on power button, the hard disk spins and the fan comes on; however, the screen immediately goes blank with a flashing cursor in the top left corner of the screen. No matter what I try, the result is the same. The operating system (windows 7 home premium) will not boot.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 3 (2,881 Views)

Re: hp 2000 notebook won't boot

Is your hard drive recognized in the bios?  I assume it is because I believe you have run the hard drive test?  Your computer is not seeing your operating system on the hard drive.  One reason may be that the bios was reset from AHCI to IDE? Did you recently have to reset the time and date? Did you have a power problem? If you find the SATA Type or mode, tell me what it is set for in the bios.  This probably is not the reason so next is to take out the hard drive and attach it to a desktop machine and have someone that is familiar with computers attach it for you and run a check disk on it. Is this machine under warrantee? Just asking just in case but I think it is a software problem with the hard drive.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Student
emoney
Message 3 of 3 (2,810 Views)

Re: hp 2000 notebook won't boot up to turn on screen

Hi I have a hp labtop 2000 that i just bought about 2-3 weeks ago fromn walmart. Everything was fine woke up one morning & the screen does not turn on.

I read a few blogs & have taking battery out help power button for 30sec put back in & nothing. I also took battery out connected power & still nothing.

When i turn on power button the blue light comes on with wireless light. power led light is on by where cord plugs in. After about 30 sec. tghe driver or fan sounds like it is running & the caps lock key will flash a few times then shuts off. During this whole time the screen remains black.

Please help this thing is brand new & i have not added any programs or apps just a random issue.

Thanks Eric

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation