hp mini "boot device not found" during start up HELP!!!!!!!!! (239 Views)
Honor Student
vichayb
Message 1 of 4 (239 Views)

hp mini "boot device not found" during start up HELP!!!!!!!!!

my hp mini will not boot .. screen show boot device not found .. what do i need to do to get it back ? its hp mini note book

with window 7 model 210 -1018cl

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 4 (190 Views)

hp mini "boot device not found" during start up HELP!!!!!!!!!

There are a number of reasons that could case this. Typically a hard drive failure is the most common. With that said lets go ahead and run a self test on the hard drive. This will let us know if the hard drive has failed or not. Here is the link for the steps:

Performing a Hard Drive Self Test

Let me know how this works.

Thanks,
Sean
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Student
Goldheart
Message 3 of 4 (151 Views)

Re: hp mini "boot device not found" during start up HELP!!!!!!!!!

My HP mini will not boot the problem is says on the screen is C:\windows\system32\werConCpl.dll
Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 4 (124 Views)

Re: hp mini "boot device not found" during start up HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hello Goldheart,

I see that you are having start up problems with the HP computer. I would like to help with the issue but I need some information.

Can you provide me with the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

How long have you been having the problem?

Is there any other information on the error screen?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation