Question

Honor Student
nitesiefe
Message 1 of 5 (963 Views)

hp pavilion entertainment pc won't boot from cd/dvd

Ok so hopefully I can figure this out... My sister gave me her laptop to restore for her because the last guy to fix it for her put a bootleg windows 7 on it so I went out and bought a real version of windows 7 for her but it won't boot from the cd/DVD drive all I get is a small line on the top left corner and then it boots to the desktop I changed the boot options through the bios and tried everything else but nothing seems to work... Help?
Intern
Naveenav
Message 2 of 5 (956 Views)

Re: hp pavilion entertainment pc won't boot from cd/dvd

Please check if you are able to read the contents of the DVD in the windows environment. if it is reading the contents then may be the OS dvd is not Bootable and if it is no reading then try cleaning the lens of the DVD rom once and tey again.

Honor Student
nitesiefe
Message 3 of 5 (945 Views)

It's a brand new widows 7 DVD it should work, I've tried everything and nothing seems to work...
Intern
Naveenav
Message 4 of 5 (938 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to isolate the issue from both of them. please confirm if the Drive is able to read the contents of the Media.

Tutor
miajo_HP
Message 5 of 5 (890 Views)

Hi,

I would first like to thank you for being a part of the HP Family. I have a document on a possible solution for your issue regarding the recovery disks.

Recovery Disk

If more assistance is needed please reply

Thanks for choosing HP

I work for HP, consumer notebooks and desktops.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation