Question

Honor Student
IsuruK
Message 1 of 3 (423 Views)

hp recovery failed

I have a hp pavilion dv6 2157tx notebook and about 6 months back a problem occurred and i took it to an authorized service center.They had to replace the motherboard and after that there were no problems.But now i need to reset my notebook to Factory settings but the recovery manager does not work.i tried the F11 but it does not work.The recovery partition is also there but it doesn’t work.when I used the original recovery disks that I made when I bought my notebook it says that these disks are note made for this computer.Is  there a way to use the recovery options to reset my notebook ? .Is this because the motherboard replacement ?.

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 3 (416 Views)

Re: hp recovery failed

if you have replaced the mobo with a non-HP board then you'll not be able to perform recovery.

you'll need to use retail version of the discs
||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 3 of 3 (408 Views)

Re: hp recovery failed

If the motherboard replacement was done at an authorized HP repair place, then contact them, they forgot to Tattoo the motherboard bios with important information, only they can do this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation