i can't restore my system to its factory condition. (1232 Views)
Honor Student
MohammedFawzi
Message 1 of 9 (1,232 Views)

i can't restore my system to its factory condition.

[ Edited ]

hello all :smileyhappy:
i have Pavilion DV6 laptop, my HardDisk is dmaged and i can't boot anymore (because of the physical BadSectors) , so ibought a new HardDisk ( 1TB )
when i plug my old hard disk into another PC , i can see the 3 partion's
1 : C:\[system]
2 : D:\ [Recovery]
3 : E:\ [HP TOOLS]

i can fully browse them , so i just copied all the files in the partion D:\ ( which contains the Recovery Files) to my new Hard Disk

( i made a new partion with enough free space for the recovery files )

i done that by showing the hidden files and the system hidden files and then copy , the original size of the Recovery files are the same with the new one (near 19 GB) so i just installed a new Windows 7 (32bit) in my New HardDisk (the old system was windows 7 64bit but i have windows 7 32bit CD Available so thats why)

and i also downloaded and installed HP Recovery manager to restore my laptop to its factory condition,but when i run the recovery manager,i got an error message(HardDisk.dll is missing) i downloaded that .dll file , next time i got another error (PRRC.dll is missing) i downloaded that file too , finally when i ran the Recovery manager from my Desktop i got a Turkish message ! , while my system language is arabic

see here : http://imgur.com/WzrMDD2

and when i reboot and Press F11 To start the Recovery manager, it starts normally but i can't click on the system restore ! , i also can't reset my laptop to its factory condition, the buttons are disabled see here : http://imgur.com/7JYwO8B i can only click on Run Computer checkup and Show Contact info

should i install a 64 bit system and try the Previous step ? , or is there any missing files that i should copy into the D or C ?

please guys help me to restore my system , the old HardDisk is Dmaged and not bootable anymore so i don't want it

Honor Student
MohammedFawzi
Message 2 of 9 (1,210 Views)

Re: i can't restore my system to its factory condition.

waiting ,,,,,,,,,

Honor Student
MohammedFawzi
Message 3 of 9 (1,172 Views)

please anyone here ? , where is the customer help ?

Top Student
st0n3r
Message 4 of 9 (1,168 Views)

Sorry to say this, but you are likely on your own..... My honest opinion would be to find yourself another legit full OEM copy of windows, get a USB with it formatted as an msdos boot disk. Get into dos and completely format / delete partitions and install windows oem. Im going through a very similar issue and getting no where fast.

Tutor
michael08081
Message 5 of 9 (1,153 Views)

I nearly have the same issue but my computer won't boot up at all.....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Recovery/Administrator-Account-Has-Been-Disabled-and-Can-t-Log...

Teacher
SCTaylor
Message 6 of 9 (1,146 Views)

call 1-800-HPINVENT and just order some recovery media. This will save you the hassle of coping files over to new drive. It will also create the recovery partion on new hdd.

I work for HP.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Honor Student
MohammedFawzi
Message 7 of 9 (1,118 Views)

more details please ? , im from saudi arabia
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 8 of 9 (1,071 Views)

Hello MohammedFawzi.  I understand you're trying to recover your notebook to factory conditions.  

If you're unable to perform the recovery the normal way I suggest ordering a set of Recovery Discs directly from HP.  This will not only reinstall the operating system but will also recreate the partitions (including Recovery), install drivers, and most of the software.

To order the discs you'll need to contact HP Support in your region.  You can visit HP Support Worldwide to locate your region's contact information.  

I hope this is helpful.  Have an amazing week!  :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Top Student
st0n3r
Message 9 of 9 (1,068 Views)

As of this message i have already went through 2 different sets of recovery dvd's sent by HP and still the same error when its finishing up. I can take the drive out to my pc and stick it in a usb drive bay and i seen windows and everything on the HDD, but the recovery screws up. So recovery may not fix the problem. Im installing the new HDD that was sent to me now and going to try another recovery........ These 2hr processes really waste my time when i need a functional laptop 2 months after purchase...........

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation