Top Student
pratapsagar
Message 1 of 12 (412 Views)

i need a factory reset to my laptop

HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

LM336AAR

win 7 home premium genuine

MY PROblem is regarding recovery.

I created a recovery in my usb with the help of hp recovery manager.

Now how to recover to factory reset using this usb ?

i on my laptop and pressed ESC and entered bios.

there it says PRESS F11 for recovery . I did pressed f11 .but error came saying that i need a installation disc.

if i had installation disc then i would format and install a new win 7 ,i wouldnt need to do recovery ..

help me ......

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 12 (410 Views)

Re: i need a factory reset to my laptop

Hi,

Try the following.

Shut down the notebook.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu.  Insert your USB Recovery Drive and then select f9 to enter the Boot Menu.  Use the arrow keys to highlight the USB drive and hit enter.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
erico
Message 3 of 12 (409 Views)

To use the usb recovery media you will need to change the first item in the Boot order list to the USB thumbdrive. You will have to have the usb thumbdrive plugged in to do that. A USB thumbdrive will only be visible as a boot option when plugged in.

Press the power button and then tap the Esc key to enter the startup menu. In the Startup menu choose  Boot  Device Options. That is where you can make the selection. Save it and your notebook should restart and boot into the recovery manager from the USB thumbdrive.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
pratapsagar
Message 4 of 12 (399 Views)

hi thankx for the prompt reply...but i already did what u said.......

i inserted my usb recovery drive

Started my laptop

esc

kept boot option to usb

then the following thing happened as below....

1........windows is loading files.....

2.starting windows

3. then a hp recovery manager window popped up and says ....you are not able to restore this system with this media...

Top Student
pratapsagar
Message 5 of 12 (391 Views)

still waiting for ur reply
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 12 (390 Views)

Hi,

That is quite unusual. Usually the USB recovery media is quite reliable.  

Go into the BIOS to see if there is and information on the system information page about your notebook.

Had you done a BIOS update before?

If I may ask, what is the specific reason you want to do the factory Image recovery?

You may end up havng to order a recovery disk set from HP or an HP partner and using an external DVD drive.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
pratapsagar
Message 7 of 12 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi sir..thanku for ur reply...

i just bought this laptop from kathmnadu nepal in 86,000 rupee one week back..that is around 1000 dollar and at present i am in a distant place from kathmandu because of my working station (so i am unable to make complain to the shop owner where i bought and going to kathmnadu to make my complaint will cost me around 250 dollars, so i thought better i will get solution in this forum)

i want to do factory reset for 3 reasons.

1. everytime i switch on my laptop ,my wireless doesnt work so everytime i go to CONTROL PANEL ,....administrative tools..services.....wlan autoconfig....AND restart wireless service and then my wireless comesback n i get connected to internet.

2 my startup time ranges from 20 min to 1 hour (i have 8 gb ram) ..at first i thoguht 2 ram were not compatible so i took out my one 4 gb ram ...but still same problem.....though its not always..i mean sometimes ,window gets launched in 10 sec and sometimes minutessssss...and most of time i have to open in safe mode and go back to LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIG..

3. my touch pad not working ,its freezed....(it works sometimes but not always)..so i m using usb connected mouse right now....

with having all these problems ,i thought of formatting and reinstalling win 8.

i bought win 8 but the installation got freezed in the first step..it only shows fish logo and nothing happened even though i waited for an hour.

then i thought i will install win 7 . using poweriso i created a bootable usb win 7 .

but while trying to install win 7 ..it says no drivers...select drivers.......where the hell i am going to search my drivers now????????????

i m frustrated

Top Student
pratapsagar
Message 8 of 12 (370 Views)

frankly speaking..i just wish i had bought acer
Top Student
pratapsagar
Message 9 of 12 (325 Views)

i am not sure but sometimes i feel like my problem is related to radeon hd driver

Top Student
pratapsagar
Message 10 of 12 (312 Views)

hi,

i tried to use my usb recovery....

it says;;

the system recovery media doesnot support this computer. you are not able to restore this system with the media

0110-LM336AAR-B4T90UA#ABA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation