Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp probook 4440s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

if i do a factory restore,  it wipes hard drive, and reinstalls drivers?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Factory reset wll wipe all the data on the unit and installs a fresh copy of operating system back to your unit.  You can call HP Technical Support and order the Disc OR you may try using F11 option once unit is powered on.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
What do I have to do, f11 on my laptop, factory restore. HP 4440s probook.
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome to HP Support Forum and we are glad to assist you.

It looks like you are not able to Boot into the Operating System on your Notebook.

We will surely assist you with this.

Originally the Notebook will have the Recovery Partition and that would give you an option to create a set of Recovery Disk. If you have not created those Recovery Disks when the Notebook was in working condition we cannot do that right now

As of now if you need to recover your Notebook with the new Operating System you can check if the Recovery Partition

is in a working condition or not, If yes you can easily recover/restore your Notebook

If Recovery Partition is corrupted

You need to call HP Technical Support and request for a set of Recovery Disks , So you can recover/restore your Notebook at the earliest

OR

You need call up Microsoft and purchase an Operating System with the License Key, So you can recover/restore your Notebook at the earliest

I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay

Contact HP - http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Click this link for Warranty check - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=uk&lc=en

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.