Question

Honor Student
ed_segura
Message 1 of 4 (1,105 Views)

my laptop says BOOTMGR is missing..how do it fix?

i was doing a system recovery on my laptop when i my wife informed me that didnt backup the hard drive so i stopped the process 15% of the way into the recovery and now when i turn on the laptop all it says is BOOTMGR is missing..is there a way to fix it?

Grad Student
3baller
Message 2 of 4 (1,075 Views)

Re: my laptop says BOOTMGR is missing..how do it fix?

Unfortunatly at this point your data is gone and I would suggest starting the recovery over.  The only thing I can think of that you might want to try is taking the hard drive out and using an adapter (IDE/ATA Serial adapter) that allows you to plug the hard drive into a USB port to check and see if anything is still on it.  I wouldn't count on being able to get the data at this point if it was already 15% through the recovery.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Student
brebre18
Message 3 of 4 (332 Views)

how can i fix it

Top Student
Linhef
Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]

BOOTMGR is missing, Press Ctrl +Alt + Del to restart.

I did get the error message above on my Windows 7 laptop. To fix problem, a friend recommended me Windows Boot Genius that worked well! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation