my laptop will not start - it's telling me that "the logon user interface dll csgina.dll fail to loa (397 Views)
Student
Hadjiloucas
Message 1 of 3 (397 Views)

my laptop will not start - it's telling me that "the logon user interface dll csgina.dll fail to loa

My Laptop will not start - it's a 4 year PC and it's runing on XP.

When I start I get this message" The Logon USer Interface DLL failed to load - Contact your administratoe to replace the DLL or restore the original".

How do I fix so I can start my windows.

Thanks,

Teacher
-Cisco-
Message 2 of 3 (392 Views)

Re: my laptop will not start - it's telling me that "the logon user interface dll csgina.dll fa

Hello -

Try this:

- When you receive the error message that is described in the "Symptoms" section, click Restart.

- Press F8 repeatedly as your computer begins to restart. This triggers the Windows Advanced Options menu.

- Use the arrows on your keyboard to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

(Also, You can try Safe Mode and do a "System Restore" from there.)

***Last Resort, you will have to edit the registry and this may prevent your computer from booting***

- boot your system and tap away at F8
- Select Safe Mode

- After Windows loads into safe mode.
- Start >> Run >> “regedit” Press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- Look for the GinaDLL Key
- Select and delete this key and this key ONLY. DO NOT delete the entire Winlogon folder of keys.

- Close Regedit with the RED "X"and reboot the machine

****Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.****

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark "Accept As Solution" if it solves your problem****

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 3 of 3 (390 Views)

Re: my laptop will not start - it's telling me that "the logon user interface dll csgina.dll fa

Hi,

Try this:

Error: The Logon User Interface DLL Msgina.dll failed to load

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation