Question

Tutor
djhumster
Message 1 of 26 (3,709 Views)
Accepted Solution

pavilion g6 windows 8 recovery

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought not new Pavilion G6-2256sr, old owner install Ubuntu on it and now I want to restore Windows 8. But I have a problem - there is no restore partion on it and I didn't have any restore disk. When I try install MSDN Windwos 8 Core x64 916091 (en) or x64 915419 (ru), installation encountered the following error:
"The product key entered does not match any of the Windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key."

What version of disk i should use, that wll work with embedded in th BIOS key or where I can download recovery disk?

I'm located in Russia. Sorry for my english.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 26 (3,703 Views)

Re: pavilion g6 windows 8 recovery

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Try disabling secure boot in the BIOS and then trying an install of Windows 8. You can order an install disk from HP or from an HP partner.

Your written English is fine. :smileyhappy:

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
djhumster
Message 3 of 26 (3,696 Views)

[ Edited ]

Disabling secure boot didn't help. There is no way to order recovery disk from hp or their partners in Russia =(
I'll try to call to authorized service center tomorrow, maybe they can help me.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 26 (3,672 Views)

How did your notebook happen to not have a recovery partition? 

-erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Tutor
djhumster
Message 5 of 26 (3,678 Views)

Previous owner install ubuntu and repartitioned hdd

Tutor
djhumster
Message 6 of 26 (3,676 Views)

I called to authorized service center, they told that can only restore win8 for a lot of money and they didn't sell any recovery disks =(

I also contacted to Microsoft Russia Support and they forward me to HP =(

Provost
erico
Message 7 of 26 (3,669 Views)

If you have an MSDN account you should be able to look at the Key list to get the matching key for the version. That is how I do it.

Is there a Microsoft Windows COA on the bottom of the noebook or inside the battery compartment? If there is, I can provide you with a Digital river link that may help you.

Windows COA.png

-erico

Tutor
djhumster
Message 8 of 26 (3,667 Views)

I know it, but unfortunately notebooks with windows 8 didn't have COA, key embedded in the BIOS and you can't see it.
Provost
erico
Message 9 of 26 (3,660 Views)

Hi,

I brought this to the attention of our  HP contacts.

The problem you are having is something that currently there is not an answer as none of us non-HP Experts currently  have a notebook delivered with Windows 8 (and license key in BIOS) to experiment with. This is in an ongoing and recent discussion.

Hopefully there will be an answer for you shortly. At this pint I do not recommend clearing the key via the BIOS. If you do clear it, then that key will be gone forever.

-erico 

Tutor
djhumster
Message 10 of 26 (3,657 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you, I'm not going delete key, but I saw option in BIOS to restore key.

Today I found contacts of HP russian support and write them, now waiting for their answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation