"Low disk space" error in Windows..HOW DO I FREE UP SPACE ON MY HP RECOVER (D:) (5168 Views)
Student
RABmcgurk
Message 1 of 3 (5,168 Views)

"Low disk space" error in Windows..HOW DO I FREE UP SPACE ON MY HP RECOVER (D:)

[ Edited ]

HP G61 VY438EA#ABU . Windows 7 64-bit.I,AM WIFI FROM MY MODEM ..

I have an hp G61 ever time i switch on my laptop it keeps coming up with the massage  saying that i kneed to free up disc on recover drive (D:smileywink:.

IT SAY'S THAT I HAVE 348mb free of 12.5 CB I HAVE TRIED TO BACK UP ON TO AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE BUT I AM WORRIED ABOUT WHAT I CAN NOW DELETE . CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVISE ON HOW TO FREE UP A BIT MORE SPACE ON MY RECOVERY DRIVE PLEASE. THANK YOU from {Personal Information Removed}

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (5,165 Views)

Re: "Low disk space" error in Windows..HOW DO I FREE UP SPACE ON MY HP RECOVER (D:)

Hi,

Please see the document regarding this issue on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01508532&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
erico
Message 3 of 3 (5,163 Views)

Re: "Low disk space" error in Windows..HOW DO I FREE UP SPACE ON MY HP RECOVER (D:)

[ Edited ]

Do not place anything in the recovery drive. It is absolutely not for storage.

Go into the control panel and check in  system restore settings to verify that the recovery partition is not being used for windows system restore backups.

1.Click Start and right-click Computer .
2.Click System Protection from the left side of the Window.
3.In the section "Automatic restore points", remove the selection next to the D: drive, and then click OK .

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation