Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP Elitebook 840 laptop. I tried to remove the HP_TOOLS/HP_RECOVERY partitions in Windows and when I rebooted the following error displays and prevents computer from booting Win 7 64 bit installation : "eCcode not found"

My theory:

My drive was encrypted with "HP Drive Encryption" that is part of "HP Client Security" package.

The software needed to decrypt and successfully boot from drive was located on one of the HP partitions that I messed up.

I took the drive out, plugged it in my desktop PC and now I'm looking for a way to decrypt it, hooping that it will then boot normaly when I put it back to my laptop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

To ask a more specific question: My drive is encrypted with HP Drive Encryption, how can I decrypt it when I'm using it as an external drive?

HP Recommended

Hello,  did you get this resolved.  I have a problem with the boot partition and want to recover the data from the encrypted drive that was HP Drive Encryption

Thank you

HP Recommended

After a few call to HP support they send me iso of repair disk with manual. It works. This Repair disk is WinPE ISO with SDWmgRecovery.exe tool and SDRecovery TBLauncher plugin (both tool and plugin comes from Winmagic). I'm affraid that it could be hard to find it in internet to download. If you still need it call HP or let me know.

HP Recommended

Nope, because the software that was used to encrypt the data, is not available (only sold to enterprises you cant even get a trial version) for standalone users trying to decrypt external drives.

HP Recommended

Do you stil need to recover/decrypt your hdd?

HP Recommended

Do you still have the iso files they sent you I have the same issue and have called but am not really getting anywhere with it.

HP Recommended

yes, I have

HP Recommended

Hi, Do you have the recovery disk image? I would also need one. I have EliteBook with winmagic encryption.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I ´m not able to find the tools you mention. Can you share them??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.