Question

Student
Bkuehn72
Message 1 of 1 (269 Views)

"hp recovery manager failed error code 0xeffffff08"

Have a HP Folio 7 months out of warranty that suddenty BSOD while using EXCEL.  It would boot into Safe Mode but Blue Screen of Death everytime try normal boot.  No new drivers and did restore point for week back to no avail.  Finally thought I would go ahead anad do a complete SYSTEM RECOVERY with the partition made for that.  Get 11% complete then Subject Error message or just BSOD.  Now laptop is worthless to me.  Did complete testing of harddrive solid state memory and system memory with 100% successful test results.  No errors.  Tried installing Windows 8 from media with no success.  Had Symantec Backup but error drive does not exist when trying to restore.  I have a second working Folio which I made a backup of and it refuses to install also.  What can HP do for me at this point.  Is there a way of fixing this Folio.  All testing comes back "OK".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation