Question

Student
jevbax
Message 1 of 4 (179 Views)
hi! i have an hp pavillion dv4-1275mx. i can't seem to make my computr go to the start up button. when i turn the power on, a black screen is displayed for a long time before the hp logo comes out. i waited for it to open to the srart up menu bt a black screen comes out with a message "no bootable device --insert boot disk and press any key" comes out. i do not have a disc that comes with the laptop as this was just given to me by a friend. unfirtunately, i was not able to back up all of my files as i was not expecting for this to happen. please help me. i have no clue on what to do & i need to access my files which are very important as i need them at work. could you please give me a detailed step-by-step unstructions on what do.
Tutor
olivergeeky
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

Re: reboot

Hello Jevbox!!

We are happy to help you. This error often comes up when your computer can't able to locate the bootable devices containing files necessary to boot your system . The default bootable devices could be your hard drive, usb stick, CD/DVD or any external hard drive attach to your computer.

You can go through this link and follow the needy steps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443463&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_in...

Let us know about how it works.

Student
AlyBStax21
Message 3 of 4 (85 Views)

[ Edited ]

My name is Alysia Bascomb i have an HP Netbook 2000 and i'm trying to find ways to reboot my computer faster but just dont know how. Could you give me ways on how to do that? I want to get my computer back to when i first got it. Thanx for all ur help. contact me @ {Private Information Removed} or {Private Information Removed}

Master's Graduate
HandyAndy14
Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)

Hello AlyBStax21,

I would like to assist with getting your computer to operate faster. Before we begin with some troubleshooting steps, I will need the following information from you:

1. What is the model/product number from your computer?
  2. What is the operating system running on your computer?

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

HandyAndy14
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation