recovery partition delete by mistake how can i get it back? (31612 Views)
Student
Ledian
Message 1 of 30 (31,612 Views)
Accepted Solution

recovery partition delete by mistake how can i get it back?

HP 2000 219dx notebook pc

windows 7 home premiun 64 bit

i do have recovery disc but  don't boot when i restart

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 30 (31,607 Views)

Re: recovery partition delete by mistake how can i get it back?

Hi,

The only way to re-create the Recovery Partition on the Hard Drive is to perform a Factory Reset ( reinstall the OS ) using your Recovery Discs - this will re-create all the original partitions.

Try the following to see if you can boot from your Recovery Discs - remember to back-up all your personal files etc first.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as soon as you press the power button to launch the Start-up menu.  Select the Boot Manager option, open the drive and insert the first Recovery Disc and close the drive, use the arrow keys to select the CD/DVD drive and hit enter.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
HAMIDKHANZADA
Message 3 of 30 (31,577 Views)

Hello. i have the same problem i have hp pavilion g6 which i bought about 3 months ago . acciently my recovery partion deleted but it still show space on hard drive of about 14.7 gb . my laptop is still in warrenty .so plz help me that how i can obtained my recovery partition back and if recovery disk is one and only option then from where i get them plz help me . i am waiting for your support :smileyembarrassed:

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 30 (31,556 Views)

Hi,

If the data in the Recovery Partition has been deleted, the only way you can correct this is to return the notebook to it's 'Factory Condition' using a set of Recovery Discs.

You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below.

Order HP Recovery Discs.

If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

Top Student
HAMIDKHANZADA
Message 5 of 30 (31,512 Views)

hi,

thanks for guide line but i am from pakistan . so kindly guide me that from where i get original hp replacement disc or may i able to get it online . ?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 6 of 30 (31,503 Views)

Hi,

If there is a problem in getting hold of Recovery Discs, I would suggest the option below.

Before trying the following, make sure you can still read the Activation key on your Windows COA label ( 5 blocks of 5 alpha/numeric sets ).

First, click the Start Menu, open Computer and double-click Local Disk C - you should see a folder called swsetup.  This will contain all the driver installers and practically all of the software installers for your notebook - back this up to an external device/media.

Create a Windows 7 installation disc yourself - just download the correct Disc Image from the link below and use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO correctly to a blank DVD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  These Images are clean and from a well-respected source, however there are only limited versions available.  Note that you must download the exact Windows 7 version that originally came with your notebook, so if for example your notebook came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, this is the ISO you must download.

Windows-7 sp1-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit

When you need to, use the disc to perform the installation, enter the Windows activation key found on the COA Label when requested and when the installation has completed, use the 'Phone Method' detailed in the link below to activate the OS - this method supported by Microsoft and is popular with people who just want a clean installation of Windows 7 without the additional software load normally bundled with OEM installations.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Drivers and software can then be reinstalled from the swsetup folder you backed-up earlier.

Any additional software and drivers you may need can also be found by entering your Model No. or Product No. Here.

Regards,

DP-K

Top Student
HAMIDKHANZADA
Message 7 of 30 (31,454 Views)

Thank a lot . i will follow instruction as you guide me and i hope if there any problem in future hp will there to help. and i have one suggestion that please open your official outlet or care center in pakistan so we able to get genuine hp products.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 8 of 30 (31,431 Views)

Hi,

You're welcome :smileyhappy:

I agree with you that this would be a good idea, however I don't work for HP and would have no influence in this matter.

All the best,

DP-K

Top Student
HAMIDKHANZADA
Message 9 of 30 (31,191 Views)

hello hp!

once more time i need your help i want to know that i have hp pavilion g6 note book in  warrenty and it has microsoft office 2010 pre installed in it but when i run it it ask for liscene key . i also input 2 or 3 key which i found on back of my note book but installation did not accept , so kidly guide me what i can do to activate it .?

it only run windows starter ? waiting for your reply .

thanks hp.

Honor Student
ahmed_belal
Message 10 of 30 (30,552 Views)

recovery partition deleted by mistake

hi ,

i have accidently formated my recovery drive nw i want to restore my device to factory settings but i can't i tried ur solution : downloading an iso image but the problem is that i don't know my exact windows version i am a pavilion g6 user , thnx in advance 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation