Question

Honor Student
Jeoncruz
Message 1 of 4 (3,621 Views)

recovery partition not found by recovery manager

I installed a new windows 7 64 bit in HP Probook 4520s after it was not able to boot due to some error on new software or hardware. Now I want to restore my laptop to its factory default but the recovery manager cannot found the recovery partion even it is still in my pc. Please help and advice...

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (3,617 Views)

Re: recovery partition not found by recovery manager

Try this>

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without pressing F11).

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Jeoncruz
Message 3 of 4 (3,614 Views)

Thank you for the fast reply on my question. I already tried this and the option to reactivate the HP recovery partition is not highlighted, so it cannot be choose to be active. Using f11 is not working also on start up of PC.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (3,612 Views)

[ Edited ]

F11 usually does not work once you alter the OS on C: drive. You can order Recovery Media from HP for a small shipping/handling fee>>Contact HP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation