remove password on hp probook 4530s (8587 Views)
Student
Maira123
Message 1 of 3 (8,587 Views)

remove password on hp probook 4530s

Hi, I have an Hp ProBook 4530s and I put a password on it through the hp protect tools. I do not want the password anymore, I do know it. But I do not want to remove my battery or any internal parts of the laptop. How can I remove it, also if you do know, can you please tell me step by step how to remove it, I am not an electronic wizard and dont know much about the laptop I have only had it a couple of weeks. Thank you so much.

Teacher
traininggap
Message 2 of 3 (8,572 Views)

Re: remove password on hp probook 4530s

This is a tough one to go with but luckily, I found a solution for you. Check this thread from HP. Good luck. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/Removing-HP-ProtectTools/m-p/149614#M220...

Top Student
fanylyneo
Message 3 of 3 (6,032 Views)

Re: remove password on hp probook 4530s

[ Edited ]

1.Boot the machine with your Windows Repair CD. 2.Select "Repair Mode". 3.Use "System Restore" to set Windows back to a point before you changed the password. 4.Log on with your old password. 5.Plan ahead a little and create, test and document a spare admin account, same as you have a spare house key for emergencies. If you have no reset disk, this is a better way for you. What's more, do you have another admin account on your windows 7? Login it and you can reset other user accounts password easily. [Content Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation