sata driver for Pavilion G6-1b67ca (545 Views)
Honor Student
pmeloy
Message 1 of 5 (545 Views)
Accepted Solution

sata driver for Pavilion G6-1b67ca

I tried installing Debian on my G6 but didn't realize there were too many partitions or that grub couldn't handle WIndows 7 boot. Debian works but windows freezes after a few seconds with the coloured balls flying around.

I've tried windows rescue to fix booting but it doesn't show any disks. I'm attempting to locate the AHCI drivers for "load drivers" but can't figure out which are the proper ones. All I can find is that the notebook uses amd Hudson AHCI mode but there appears to be many versions.

The HP driver downloads doesn't have a driver for AHCI that I can find.

Which is the right driver and where can I get it?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (534 Views)

Re: sata driver for Pavilion G6-1b67ca

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I don't know which one is the right driver, but you can find the AMD AHCI drivers at the link below.  If you use 7-zip, you can extract them from the executable and they are in the packages folder.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

Windows 7 does not need these drivers in order to install.

Honor Student
pmeloy
Message 3 of 5 (527 Views)

Actually I figured that out. My Windows installation didn't show up and it said that's probably because of a lack of drivers so thats why I was looking.

I got everything fixed by working through the menus and having it fail at loading images etc. Eventually a page came up with startup repair. Running that several times in a row put everything back in order.

I also got Debian working properly by installing Squeeze instead of the stable (or is it old stable now?) The newer Grub got the dual booting right and everything is working again.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (522 Views)

I'm glad you got everything to work again.

Honor Student
Eshu
Message 5 of 5 (297 Views)

hello sir I get message
unknown filesystem. grub rescue>
when I start my hp pavilion g4 please suggest me what should I do

I am waiting for you suggestion

Eshwar
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation